All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Słownik polsko-angielski

BETA Online Dictionary Polish-English: Enter keyword here!
 ąĄćĆ...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Polnisch
 Some more propaganda slogans on Polish postcard... »
« Cancel    

Polish-English Translation of
Propaganda slogans

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Propaganda slogans on Polish stationery envelopes between 1945 and 1952 Part 1  
by Wordbucket, 2016-10-26, 14:29  Spam?  86.94.158....
During the communist years 1945-1952 in Poland, 8 propaganda slogans were printed on stationery envelopes. This is the first one. It is a quotation from communist president Bolesław Bierut:

Przed wsią polską, przed milionowymi masami chłopców pracujących stanęło dziś olbrzymie zadanie:
przebudować i ulepszyć życie wsi polskiej, podnieść dobrobyt i kulturę mas ludowych.

and this is what I think what it means:

Polish villages and millions of working peasants face a huge task:
to rebuild and improve life in the Polish countryside, increase the prosperity and culture of the people.
Answer:
Tomorrow maybe  #857065
by Catesse (AU), 2016-10-26, 15:53  Spam?  
I glanced through what you wrote. It seems mostly OK, but I cannot concentrate on it now; it is nearly midnight and I had intended to have an early night.
The new query will also have to wait. I actually rather enjoy these translations. They are extending my knowledge and ability linguistically and giving me a little extra historical insight. But I do tend to become engrossed in the searches, and I don't want to end up getting to bed at three o'clock tomorrow morning.
Answer:
Attempt  #857398
by Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2016-11-01, 07:25  Spam?  
Sorry for the delay, but I had some unexpected domestic problems, and the first sentence gave me a bit of trouble.
Today a huge task lies ahead of the Polish village, ahead of the massed millions of young working men: rebuild and improve life in the Polish countryside, increase the prosperity and culture of the masses.
I don't think that this is much of an improvement on your version. It is not easy to reproduce the feeling of the claptrap of the communist political machine.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Polish-English online dictionary (Słownik polsko-angielski) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads